Sunday, July 24, 2011

Reflection on the Course

Let me start by saying this past course was very fun and taught me many new things about English literature. Even during a busy summer schedule, this class was still very fun to take and I was never bored throughout the course. I learned many skills during this class, but one that I really took into consideration was taking deeper thoughts and different perspectives about writings. I looked more into detail through symbols and hidden messages I thought the author was trying to get across. I can use this skill and apply them in any upcoming writing assignment I may have, to not just look at the obvious but to also look from a totally new perspective.
All I can say about the readings that were posted throughout this course is...wow! They were very intense and at times I thought were impossible to comprehend with. After reading through them a couple times, I finally got the jest of it and it started to all come together. The readings have affected me by making me an all over stronger reader and writer. My vocabulary grew and my imagination also went out it's box.
I believe I met all the learning outcomes for the class. Although I may not have perfected some, I learned how to work and get better at them. One that I need to work on a little more is selecting and applying voice.
I would say my writing process has changed quite a bit. Before, I would just be quick and get straight to the fact and my writing was left without any supporting details. Now that has changed and I like to elaborate my statements in more detail and before it was harder to write three pages and now my writing has become easier to get across.
The challenges for me was adapting to the type of learning and writing. We were ask to give more of our opinions on writings and I was used to just giving specific facts and trying to elaborate on that. Now that I have taken this course it has made me overcome these challenges and now I am ready for any writing to be read or to be given an analysis on! :)


http://2009dcpwianta.blogspot.com/2011/04/english-checkpoint-what-do-you-think.html

1 comment:

  1. I was also touched by the poems and stories that were covered in this course. My favorite was the poetry of witness poem, “The Woman Hanging from the 13th Floor Window.” I like this poem because it was so easy to interpret and the imagery used was so clear that you could actually picture this woman hanging from her window. I would also have to agree, that this class was “fun”. I started off being a little lazy but luckily I was able to kick it into gear. Good luck with the final presentation.

    ReplyDelete